HCA Management Services, LP
Webster, TX, United States
Healthcare, Physical Therapy
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking aPhysical Therapy Assistant (PTA)to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake – Webster, TX
Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) PRN
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is a full-service hospital offering a 531 bed inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services. The campus includes Level II trauma capabilities, a Neuroscience Institute, The Heart & Vascular Hospital, a bariatrics program, the Breast Diagnostic Center, a wound care center, a level III Neonatal ICU, and the area’s only pediatric emergency department and pediatric ICU.
HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
Prevent disabilities, restore patients with functional capacities to optimal level as well as assisting them in maintaining that level following disease, injury or loss of body part. The department will meet age specific needs of neonatal (0-4 wks.), infant (1 mo.-12 mos.), child (1 yr.-12 yrs.), adolescent (13 yrs.-18 yrs.), adult (18 yrs.- 64 yrs.), and geriatric (greater than 64 yrs.) population.
• Carries out Physical Therapy patient care programs planned by and with the supervision of the Licensed Physical Therapist while maintaining confidentiality of all pertinent patient care information to assure patient’s rights are protected.
• Demonstrates understanding of rationale and application of therapeutic techniques, proper body mechanics, safe and efficient patient handling skills and proper equipment usage.
• Participates in clinic maintenance and prevention procedures.
• Works as part of a collaborative, multidisciplinary team with other hospital departments and physicians in order to
• provide comprehensive quality care to patients.
• Reports to supervising PT/Manager patient-care management problems, equipment needs and maintenance requirements. Communicates with PT on a weekly basis the status of the patient’s progress, lack of progress, etc. with recommendations and follow through of those aspects of change and development. Actively participates in therapist and physician contact when orders for therapy are unclear or appear inappropriate. Co-ordinates patient’s treatment with other healthcare professionals where appropriate.
• Plans individual patient schedule and maintains daily attendance record, charging for patient treatment on a daily basis in approved manner.
• Maintains daily progress notes documenting the supervising therapist.
• Demonstrates compliance with department and hospital Policies & Procedures while displaying cooperative and constructive attitude in intradepartmental and interdepartmental relationships.
• Actively engages in learning and continuing education for self-improvement and professional growth. Attends and participates in staff meetings/in-services. Participate in interdisciplinary conferences and report with/to disciplines on patient’s progress and discharge planning.
• Assists Director in revising, developing department Policy & Procedures fulfilling department Performance
• Improvement and other duties assigned.
• Actively seeks to improve and maintain standards in professional patient care delivery and informs the medical community and hospital staff as to the role of Physical Therapy and its techniques.
• Actively participates in the hospital and department’s Quality and Performance Improvement programs.
• Works weekends and holidays as needed.
• Complies with the hospital’s behavioral expectations.
• Supports and participates in the hospital’s Patient Engagement and Satisfaction initiatives.
• Shares and promotes the hospital’s Mission, Vision and Values.
• Supports the Ethics and Compliance Program.
* Successfully completed a 2 year college program for Physical Therapy Assistant that leads to an Associate Degree
What qualifications you will need:
* One – three years’ experience preferred.
* New graduate acceptable.
* Licensed or holds a temporary state license in the State of Texas
* Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters.We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Therapy & Rehabilitation
Title: Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) PRN
Location: Texas-Webster-HCA Houston Clear Lake
Requisition ID: 01533-105934
HCA Management Services, LP
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com